Re: Same problem with pcmcia in 2.4.22 as in 2.6.0-test4

From: Russell King
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 12:04:59 EST

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 01:32:58PM +0100, iain d broadfoot wrote:
> * Russell King (rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > Could you try the updated debugging patch there please? It should
> > print something extra no matter what.
> >
> > Could you also provide the kernel messages which include the
> > initialisation of your PCMCIA or CardBus bridge please?
>
> are these the right lines?

> cs: IO port probe 0x0c00-0x0cff: clean.
> cs: IO port probe 0x0800-0x08ff: clean.
> cs: IO port probe 0x0100-0x04ff: excluding 0x3c0-0x3df 0x4d0-0x4d7
> cs: IO port probe 0x0a00-0x0aff: clean.
> cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: clean.
> cs: request irq: pci irq 11 mask 0090
> orinoco_cs: RequestIRQ: Resource in use
>
> that's from my boot sequence - I pulled and inserted the card and got
> the last two lines again.

Ok, I'm mostly happy that it isn't a generic PCMCIA bug as such now -
it seems that orinoco_cs may be passing a mask which doesn't include
any reasonable IRQs, or the two available IRQs (7 and 4) are already
in use by other devices.

Hmm, I wonder if we could fall back to the PCI IRQ when this occurs.
Unfortunately I can't look into the issue as deeply as I'd like at
present, so I'll create a "wouldn't it be nice if" (WIBNI) list of
things to do on pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk.

--
Russell King (rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/
Maintainer of: