Re: [OOPS] 2.4.22 / HPT372N

From: Marko Kreen
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 09:57:10 EST

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 10:46:53PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Iau, 2003-09-04 at 20:07, Marko Kreen wrote:
> > As i used the pen&paper method for oops tracking i dont have
> > full oops.
> >
> > In hpt366.c function hpt372_tune_chipset line 427:
> >
> > list_conf = pci_bus_clock_list(speed,
> > (struct chipset_bus_clock_list_entry *)
>
> I thought I'd fixed that crash case but it seems your system is over
> clocked.
>
> FREQ: 85 PLL: 41
> hpt: no known IDE timings,
>
> so your PCI bus is running at somewhere about 35Mhz and outside the
> drivers safe threshold.

Thats surprising, nobody has intentionally overclocked it.

Now we did some experimenting with it and no BIOS settings seem
to affect the FREQ numbers. (Lower CPU/mem speed, 50/25 AGP/PCI speed.)
The FREQ still stays fixed at 85.

Motherboard is EP-4PDA2+.

Any idea how to remove the overclocking? Otherwise it seems
like driver bug to me.

--
marko