Re: 2.4.22 with CONFIG_M686: networking broken

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sun Sep 07 2003 - 14:43:33 EST

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 08:38:57PM +0200, Peter Daum wrote:

> Hi Adrian,

Hi Peter,

> Your patch did the trick!

thanks for your report!

Your thoroughly problem description ad testing was the reason why I was
able to think about this possible reason.

> (Since this looks like a pretty general issue, I guess, that
> means that there were some more problems besides the
> networking-stuff that I stumbled across?)

It's a pretty general issue and althought whatever triggered it for you
was introduced in 2.4.22, it isn't new.

I'll send a slightly different patch for inclusion in 2.4.23.

> Thanks a bunch,
> Peter

cu
Adrian