Re: Hardware supported by the kernel

From: DervishD
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 04:46:47 EST

Hi Dave :)

* Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> > > - an ATI Gapiccard
> > I have an ATI card (128 LT Pro) and it's fully supported. IMHO
> > all ATI cards are.
> Depends on your definition of 'supported'. Recent ATI cards[*] will
> only work in accelerated 3d using their binary only driver.

A couple of months ago someone on this list said that ATI no
longer provides information about their graphics cards, so when I say
'supported' I'm speaking of my particular model, that it's really
supported (is a quite old model). When I said 'all ATI cards' I was
talking about older models, because I forgot that ATI no longer
supports Linux.

My mistake, sorry. BTW: what graphics cards manufacturer currently
supports Linux?. I need to buy a new graphic card for a friend (AGP)
and I don't know what one to buy :(((

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736