Re: Question: monolitic_clock, timer_{tsc,hpet} and CPUFREQ

From: john stultz
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 12:38:43 EST

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 11:57, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 01:13:14AM -0700, john stultz wrote:
> > Looks fine to me. Although I don't have any cpufreq enabled hardware, so
> > I'm unable to test this (main cause I never added it myself).
>
> /me has cpufreq enabled hardware -- but how can I accurately debug
> monotonic_ticks()?

Usually I hack up the hangcheck-timer module to be more verbose to
verify monotonic_clock() works. Also Oracle has a hangcheck-delay module
you can use to hang the system for a defined length of time. You can
then check the delta between gettimeofday and monotonic_clock to verify
its working as it should.

thanks
-john