Re: Make Menuconfig and Make Xconfig errors in Mandrake 9.2 rc1

From: Steven Cole
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 11:03:38 EST

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 07:59, Steven Cole wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 04:06, Anton Kholodenin wrote:
> > I find 2 errors in Mandrake 9.2 rc 1
> >
> As others noted, a Mandrake-specific list is a better choice in this
> instance, but the problem you noted below happens occasionally in 2.4
> bleeding edge stuff, so I'm posting something for you to look for.
> >
> > 2. If i do cd /usr/src/linux; make xconfig program not started and write to
> > console:
>
>3rdparty/lufs/Config.in: 2: can't handle
dep_bool/dep_mbool/dep_tristate

Replying to myself, apologies to all for the previous noise.
I hadn't looked at the error closely enough. My previous post was not
apropos to Anton's specific problem.

Try doing this from /usr/src/linux:
grep dep_ 3rdparty/lufs/Config.in

You'll see various lines with something like:
dep_tristate ' Some prompt' CONFIG_SOMETHING $CONFIG_SOMETHINGELSE

The $CONFIG_SOMETHINGELSE may be missing on some line. You can kludge
it by changing the dep_tristate to a plain tristate.

The Mandrake 9.2 rc2 is out now, so you might want to look at that
instead.

Steven