Re: sleeping function called from invalid context

From: Samuel Flory
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 15:22:52 EST

Matt Mackall wrote:

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 08:03:01AM -0700, Samuel Flory wrote:

I'm seeing this on arjanv's 2.6.0-0.test4.1.33 kernel.

Debug: sleeping function called from invalid context at include/asm/uaccess.h:473
Call Trace:
[<c011b7dd>] __might_sleep+0x5d/0x70
[<c010d0ea>] save_v86_state+0x6a/0x200

It's a warning about the possibility of hitting a very old but rarely
hit bug, system should work the same as it always has despite the
warning. I'm working on this, but it's ugly. Hope to post a patch in
the next week or so.

That's good to know. I was actually running for at least a on an older kernel before i noticed in in dmesg.

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)