Re: agpgart support for intel SHG2 motherboard, serverworks chipset

From: Matt Domsch
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 22:24:09 EST

> > Anatoly, I've cc'd Greg on this one, as you managed to break the
> > sysfs new_id stuff that he wrote, so I think he may be interested
> > in fixing that up 8-)

agp_serverworks_probe() is marked __init. Thus the static lookup
called by the new_id code fails as this function is no longer in the
kernel. The fix is to remove __init from the probe routines. I'm looking
to see how often this occurs elsewhere.

sworks-agp.c also can't make effective use of the new_id code because it
registers a single all-covering serverworks pci_device_id, then its probe
routine checks for three specific device IDs and bails if it's not them.
The new_id code can't help here. The "right" way would be to register
three separate entries in the pci_table and not test for them in the probe
routine.

Thanks,
Matt

--