Re: NFS client problems in 2.4.18 to 2.4.20

From: Wouter Vlothuizen
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 13:38:36 EST

Joshua Weage wrote:

> has stopped working? I've looked at nfsstat and the kernel seems to
> have stopped sending any data to the server, or it may send one packet
> every couple of seconds. If I start up another shell and try to do an
> ls on the problem filesystem, the command locks up and can't be
> interrupted. I think I've also mounted the same filesystem in another
> location, on the same machine, and it works fine.

I am experiencing similar problems with 2.4.18 as a client (the NFS
server is on Solaris). When the client freezes I see nfsstat 'client rpc
retrans' counting fast. I found a quite strange way to unlock the
machine, by performing a port scan with nmap from elsewhere.
BTW, which Gigabit ethernet do you use, I use tg3, there could be a
relation to the network card?

Cheers,
Wouter