Re: Virtual alias cache coherency results (was: x86, ARM, PARISC,PPC, MIPS and Sparc folks please run this)

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 14:13:53 EST

Hello

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Russell King wrote:

> Tests need to be run on a larger proportion of the following:
>
> * ARM720
> ARM920
> ARM922
> ARM925
> ARM926
> ARM1020
> ARM1022
> ARM1026
> * StrongARM-110 (DEC/Intel)
> StrongARM-1100 (DEC/Intel)
> * StrongARM-1110 (Intel)
> * Xscale (Intel)
> PXA (Intel)
>
> And so far, there are only results for 4 of these devices, with some
> revisions of StrongARM-110's passing and others failing.

If I got it right, you are saying, that you only have results for the
CPUs, marked with stars in the above list. Then, I'll _repeat_ what I've
sent to the thread:

<quote>

Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:09:57 +0200 (CEST)
From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
To: Russell King <rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jamie Lokier <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Paul J.Y. Lahaie <pjlahaie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: x86, ARM, PARISC, PPC, MIPS and Sparc folks please run this

On

Processor : Intel XScale-PXA250 rev 3 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 397.31
Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementor : 0x69
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0x290
CPU revision : 3
Cache type : undefined 5
Cache clean : undefined 5
Cache lockdown : undefined 5
Cache unified : Harvard
I size : 32768
I assoc : 32
I line length : 32
I sets : 32
D size : 32768
D assoc : 32
D line length : 32
D sets : 32

and

Processor : StrongARM-1100 rev 9 (v4l)
BogoMIPS : 127.38
Features : swp half 26bit fastmult

version 3 of the test consistently reports "Too slow".

</quote>

Both with 2.4.19-rmk7 (pxa with -pxa1) kernels. SA is a Shannon, PXA is a
Triton.

Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski