2.6-test4 problems: suspend and touchpad

From: Nicolae Mihalache
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 08:51:07 EST

Hello!

I have a Acer Travelmate 800 laptop and I'm using SuSE Linux 8.2 on it.
I tried recenly to install linux 2.6 and I observe two main problems:
1. The touchpad(synaptics) does not work. In kernel 2.4/X11 4.3 it works very well both as a generic ps2 mouse or as a synaptics (using X11 driver for synaptics). The kernel 2.6 seems to have included a driver for the synaptics device, it is detected at boot, but it does not work in X (I guess it must be some kind of conflict between X11 driver and kernel driver?).

2. suspend/resume. With version 2.6test2+acpi patch both swsusp and "echo 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep" worked, being able to somehow successfully resume. In version 2.6test4 there is no /proc/acpi/sleep and swsusp hangs somwhere during an IDE call (I can hand-copy the trace if needed).

Any ideea?
mache