Re: NVIDIA proprietary driver problem

From: Samuel Flory
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 10:44:52 EST

Kyle Rose wrote:
Maciej Soltysiak <solt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Sep 11 23:37:57 nausicaa kernel: 0: nvidia: Can't find an IRQ for your NVIDIA card!
Sep 11 23:37:57 nausicaa kernel: 0: nvidia: Please check your BIOS settings.
Sep 11 23:37:57 nausicaa kernel: 0: nvidia: [Plug & Play OS ] should be set to NO

I wonder why pnp os should be off?
Linux does support pnp, and is a pnp os. Isn't it?

Have you tried disabling apic? Maybe it's an apic or irq routing bug?

SMP without APIC doesn't make sense, but I suppose I could try running
a non-SMP kernel to see if the problem goes away. Still, APIC is
active in test4 and the driver works there.

Try without ACPI support. At boot do acpi=off.

What motherboard is it?

Tyan Tiger MP, dual Athlon MP 1800's.

Cheers,
Kyle

Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)
Sam Flory <sflory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>