Re: Nick's scheduler policy v15

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 06:18:10 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:

Cliff White wrote:

Hi,
http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/v15/

Here are results for several recent kernels for comparison.
the sched-rollup-nopolicy tests are still running. Performance of v15 suffers as number of CPU's increase.
At 8 cpu's, delta is noticeable vs stock -test5
cliffw

OK, so it hasn't crashed? Do you have the profiles up?

Nevermind, I found them. It looks like its balancing way too much. I've
a few ideas. I should be getting time on a NUMA box there at OSDL soon, so I won't bother you with untested stuff. Thanks again for doing
these.