Re: 2.6.0-test5-mm1

From: Alex Riesen
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 08:54:59 EST

Andrey Borzenkov, Sun, Sep 14, 2003 10:46:01 +0200:
> On Saturday 13 September 2003 13:13, Alex Riesen wrote:
> > > really-use-english-date-in-version-string.patch
> > > really use english date in version string
> >
> > - echo \#define LINUX_COMPILE_TIME \"`LANG=C date +%T`\"
> > + echo \#define LINUX_COMPILE_TIME \"`LC_ALL=C LANG=C date +%T`\"
> >
> > LC_ALL overrides everything, so LANG is not needed anymore. Should be:
> >
> > + echo \#define LINUX_COMPILE_TIME \"`LC_ALL=C date +%T`\"
>
> I need to set three! variables to make man display manpage in english not in
> russian. I have no idea which variables all versions of date out there
> respect and which one wins. If you are sure LC_ALL is enough for everyone -
> so be it.

$ info libc
Categories of Activities that Locales Affect
`LC_ALL'
This is not an environment variable; it is only a macro that you
can use with `setlocale' to set a single locale for all purposes.
Setting this environment variable overwrites all selections by the
other `LC_*' variables or `LANG'.