Re: 2.7 block ramblings (was Re: DMA for ide-scsi?)

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 12:21:51 EST

Justin Cormack wrote:
LABEL= is so broken that I immediately remove it from all my redhat
systems. It is not unique at all. As soon as you plug another system
disk into your system at boot time all hell breaks loose.

That's your fault as a sysadmin ;-)

At least it
could have a random number in it or something.

You can use UUIDs today! :)

If you need to know your bootdisk (why?) why not just get the bootloader
to tell you?

The only time one cares what the boot disk is, is when _installing_ the boot loader...

Jeff