Re: [SUMMARY] rebooting problem solved - athlon/SiS incompatibility.

From: Russell Miller
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 16:38:31 EST

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 10:04:29PM +0100, Dave Jones wrote:

Note the words "an athlon thunderbird processor". The documentation says, as
I remember, that turning on SMP on a UP board should have no appreciable effect.

I take that back, it says it should run on many, but not all, uniprocessor machines.
So instead of what I said, please note that the K7SEM is a motherboard that will not
work with an SMP kernel.

--Russell