Re: freed_symbols [Re: People, not GPL [was: Re: Driver Model]]

From: Henning P. Schmiedehausen
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 19:19:29 EST

Erik Andersen <andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>When you are done making noise, please explain how a closed
>source binary only product that runs within the context of the
>Linux kernel is not a derivitive work and therefore not subject
>to the terms of the GPL, per the definition given in the kernel
>COPYING file that grants you your limited rights for copying,
>distribution and modification.

"Because Linus said so".

Regards
Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen INTERMETA GmbH
hps@xxxxxxxxxxxx +49 9131 50 654 0 http://www.intermeta.de/

freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development -- hero for hire

"Dominate!! Dominate!! Eat your young and aggregate! I have grotty silicon!"
-- AOL CD when played backwards (User Friendly - 200-10-15)