Re: 2.7 block ramblings (was Re: DMA for ide-scsi?)

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 02:36:41 EST

On Sat, Sep 13 2003, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Oh, and I'm pondering the best way to deliver out-of-bang ATA taskfiles
> and SCSI cdbs to a device. (for the uninitiated, this is lower level
> than block devices / cdrom devices / etc.)
>
> ... AF_BLOCK is not out of the question ;-)

Eh... I wont comment on that. I think we are way into Garzik lala land
there :)

I'd prefer just keeping sg_io_hdr, but dumping sg. A fully fledged bsg
(block sg) implementation. That way programs continue to work like
before on ATAPI/SCSI, for ATA we can use it as a task file transport.

--
Jens Axboe