Re: laptop mode for 2.4.23-pre4 and up

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 04:33:18 EST

On Son, 14 Sep 2003, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > Will there be a new incantation of the laptop-mode patch for 2.4.23-pre4
>
> Sure, I'll done a new patch in the next few days. I don't know what aa
> patches you mean though? Are you trying to say that it conflicts with

The ones included into kernel 2.4.23-pre4 (stuff from -aa kernels).

> the -aa series? It should be trivial to fix up, just renumber the
> laptop-mode sysctls.

Ok, this was what I wanted to know. The rest I can do myself, thanks.

> I'll send it to Marcelo too for 2.4.23.

Good idea!

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Technische Universität Wien
DORRIDGE (n.)
Technical term for one of the lame excuses written in very small print
on the side of packets of food or washing powder to explain why
there's hardly anything inside. Examples include 'Contents may have
settled in transit' and 'To keep each biscuit fresh they have been
individually wrapped in silver paper and cellophane and separated with
corrugated lining, a cardboard flap, and heavy industrial tyres'.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff