Re: [2.6.0-t4/5] Error inserting module snd

From: Roland Kuhn
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 06:41:07 EST

Hi Stefano!

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Stefano Rivoir wrote:

> Hi all
>
> When inserting module snd, modprobe bails out saying
>
> snd: Unknown parameter 'device_mode'
>
> The result is that the sound is completely unavailable. This happens
> with -test4 and -test5 (and -test5-mm2), but it was OK up to -test3,
> IIRC.

This is a configuration error: check modprobe.conf for the options for snd and
remove the 'device_mode' part. Looks like the debian alsa stuff has this small
incompatibility with the 0.9.6 kernel modules. BTW, I had the problem with
-test3 already.

I am by no means an ALSA expert, but this solved the problem for me.

Ciao,
Roland