SOLVED Re: intel D865PERL and DMA for disks (IDE)?

From: Erik Steffl
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 14:56:48 EST

Erik Steffl wrote:
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

On Saturday 13 of September 2003 02:19, Erik Steffl wrote:

... Intel D965PERL and hdparm -d 1 ...

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PIIX=m
CONFIG_SCSI_ATA_PIIX=y

You should use CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PIIX=y
or load piix module (may not be reliable).

wow:

jojda:/home/erik# modprobe piix
Segmentation fault

lsmod | grep piix

piix 7976 1 (initializing)

rmmod piix

piix: Device or resource busy

I guess I'll try to compile it in. thanks,

in addition to the above it _seems_ that trying to modprobe piix caused netstat -ni to freeze (and so e.g. mozilla and evolution stopped working, but not konqueror, pan ...)

I changed CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PIIX to y and it's working fine, so far (ide disks use dma).

erik