Re: Badness in as_completed_request in 2.6.0-test5-bk3

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 09:43:13 EST

Ludovico Gardenghi wrote:

[I hope this message doesn't appear 2 times]

Hello.

I've read about this error and that it should have been patched in
2.6.0-test5-bk3.

I tried it because I got a lot of them with 2.6.0-test5 while removing
lots of files (i.e. while starting sn at boot time), but I got the same error
messages with 2.6.0-test5-bk3; moreover, i had also some "attempt to
access beyond end of device" errors while trying to read a file from the
same partition. Here are the messages:

Hi Ludovico,
Thanks for the report. The warnings themselves are harmless. As long
as you aren't seeing the processes hanging on IO.

Try disabling TCQ, I don't think it is very stable for IDE drives.