Re: [CHECKER] 32 Memory Leaks on Error Paths

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 10:07:35 EST

Timothy Miller wrote:

276: /* OK, it's not open. Create cache info for it */
START -->
277: mtdblk = kmalloc(sizeof(struct mtdblk_dev), GFP_KERNEL);
278: if (!mtdblks)
END -->
279: return -ENOMEM;

Invalid. This is quite an obvious false positive, at least if your
algorithm checks for possible value ranges.

Wait... one is "mtdblk", and the other is "mtdblks". One has an extra 's' on it. Unless there is some kind of aliasing going on, they would appear to be different variables. Naturally, I didn't check the original code, so I could be full of it. :)

Yes its a bug from glancing at the source code.