Re: 2.6.0-test5: "No module aic7xxx found for kernel 2.6.0-test5, aborting."

From: reg
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 00:46:31 EST

> --=-qKbn9YnrwluGdEN58xpj
>
> Are you compiling with anything other than -j1? There is a race in the
> parallel build of aic7xxx. A patch has been submitted, but is not in
> -test5.
>
> Try the attached patches and see if this helps you.
>
> John

Well, yes, I was using either -j2 or -j4 (on a single processor machine).
[[ Somehow, the 2.6.0 compiles seem REALLY SLOW compared to the 2.4.x and
previous compiles ]].

But the patch didnt seem to solve the problem, I still see:

Root device is (3, 7)
Boot sector 512 bytes.
Setup is 2544 bytes.
System is 1826 kB
Kernel: arch/i386/boot/bzImage is ready
sh arch/i386/boot/install.sh 2.6.0-test5 arch/i386/boot/bzImage System.map ""
No module aic7xxx found for kernel 2.6.0-test5
mkinitrd failed
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2

when I type 'make install'. The 'make bzImage' itself went just fine.
This was after a 'make mrproper'.

As suggest (by someone else) I guess I can just do the install by hand,
but this dependence on aic7xxx is VERY strange.

--
Reg.Clemens
reg@xxxxxxx