Thanks - Nvidia modules with 2.4.13-pre6

From: jarausch
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 11:21:03 EST

On 22 Oct, Josh McKinney wrote:
> I have seen this same problem here before. I am *pretty sure* that
> the problem was I was building the kernel with gcc-3.0 and to build
> the nvidia modules I was using gcc-2.95.4. You may want to check what
> the sim-link in /usr/bin/cc points to. The nvidia kernel modules use
> cc, so make sure cc is a symlink to the same compiler that you used to
> build your currently running kernel.

That's exactly what happend.
Under /usr/local/bin/gcc I have gcc-3.0.2 (cvs) and I recently
made a symlink /usr/local/bin/cc to it.

While I put /usr/bin (where gcc-2.95.3 is installed) first in my path
when compiling the kernel, I didn't do so, when (re)making the
kernel modules from Nvidia. This worked fine since the only cc
was /usr/bin/cc which pointed to /usr/bin/gcc .

I have (re)made Nvidia's module with gcc-2.95.3 and it runs fine
now with 2.4.13-pre6 .

Sorry for the noise.

Helmut.