Re: cpu speed

From: Rahul Karnik
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 08:38:16 EST

Koala GNU wrote:
Hi all,

I have a T21 thinkpad Pentium III 800 MHz.

I have redhat 8.0 with linux 2.4.18 installed on my machine.

Executing cat /proc/cpuinfo I noticed that cpu speed is 200 MHz.

Looking at BIOS the speed is correct.

Does this happen irrespective of whether you are plugged in to A/C power at the time? Most laptops will go to lower speeds on battery (depending on your setup in BIOS), and even if you plug in the power later, /proc/cpuinfo is not updated. So please make sure you boot up with A/C power and let us know if you see the same thing.

Thanks,
Rahul
--
Rahul Karnik