Re: IA32 - 27 New warnings

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 15:42:17 EST

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Randy.Dunlap wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:33:21 +0200 (CEST) Jesper Juhl <jju@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

> | On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, John Cherry wrote:
> |
> | > drivers/ide/legacy/pdc4030.c:307: warning: `return' with no value, in function returning non-void
> | > drivers/ide/legacy/pdc4030.c:323: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
> |
> | Below is a patch that silences those two warnings and (hopefully) does the
> | right thing (I'll attempt to deal with the other ones later today).
> |
> | I've tried as best I could to work out the logic of what goes on in that
> | file, and I /think/ I got it right, but I don't have the hardware to test
> | if I broke something horribly, so someone more knowledgable than me is
> | needed to confirm the patch and preferably some brave soul with Promise
> | hardware to test it as well.
> |
> | A little explanation of why I do what I do in the patch:
>
> [snip]
>
> Bart (IDE maintainer) has already posted patches for this.
> See
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=106329427503487&w=2

So I see, and probably a lot better than what I managed to do (haven't
studied it in detail yet, but it looks a lot more comprehensive than my
little hack).
Ohh well, I had fun trying to sort out the problem and create a fix - now
I'm off looking for more resonably simple stuff to fix. :)

Jesper Juhl <jju@xxxxxx>