Re: NS83820 2.6.0-test5 driver seems unstable on IA64

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 00:12:41 EST

>>>>> "Grant" == Grant Grundler <iod00d@xxxxxx> writes:

Grant> On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 06:43:15AM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:

Grant> Same is true for TX/RX descriptor addresses. Behavior is
Grant> undefined if the addresses for DMA are not 4-byte aligned.

Grant> Anyone know if that's true for NS83820? I couldn't find which
Grant> driver controls that chip/NIC via a quick grep.

I believe it is, based on the experiments I've done here, and on
looking at the BSD driver.

Driver is drivers/net/ns83820.c

Peter C