Re: Patch: Make iBook1 work again

From: Daniël Mantione
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 02:10:15 EST

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> > It also makes me think of the 63 MHz clock speed, as you did indicate it
> > should be 67 MHz. Knowing that the memory clock speed is used in the display
> > fifo calculation, I wonder if it was tweaked to get things right.
> >
> > Enough speculation, I'll post a patch asap, but I have currently no Linux
> > machines around me. Expect a patch tomorrow.
>
> Don't change the clock speeds for now. I'll do some more tests with
> 67Mhz clocks to make sure it's ok, but since I won't be able to do
> that until wedenesday next week, let's get a known working version
> in asap.

Indeed, we cannot change clocks because of results of only one machine. It
just makes me wonder. Perhaps the best thing to do is to check this with
ATi too.

> Also, I just got confirmation that the 101 PowerBook with
> an LT-Pro works fine as well.

Nice!

> The only additional "fix" I have here is some bts making the sleep
> code slightly more robust (by preventing things like blank from
> touching chip registers when the chip is asleep if the blank timer
> triggers after sleep callback, same goes for cursor etc...)
> There is no emergency getting that in. It would be nice if that
> fixes could make it to 2.4.23 final, but I can send a separate patch
> later.

Okay.... By the way, how shall we get the powermanagement code to work on
x86? As far as I saw that register backlight procedure exists only on PowerPC.

Greetings,

Daniël Mantione