Re: Make modules_install doesn't create /lib/modules/$version

From: Bas Mevissen
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 03:44:04 EST

Rob Landley wrote:

I've installed -test3, -test4, and now -test5, and each time make modules_install died with the following error:

Kernel: arch/i386/boot/bzImage is ready
sh arch/i386/boot/install.sh 2.6.0-test5 arch/i386/boot/bzImage System.map ""
/lib/modules/2.6.0-test5 is not a directory.
mkinitrd failed
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2

I had to create the directory in question by hand, and then run it again, at which point it worked.

Am I the only person this is happening for? (Bog standard Red Hat 9 system otherwise. With Rusty's modutils...)

I didn't see that here with Red Hat 9 system and 2.6.0-test3.

Maybe you can greb the used scripts to see which one does make (or test the existence of) the directory.

I now use the modutils package from rawhide. It also handles the creation of the new /etc/modprobe.conf file.

Bas.