2.6.0-test5-mm3 VFAT File system problem

From: gaxt
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 08:21:11 EST

Upon moving from -mm2 to -mm3, my vfat filesystems did not automatically bount at bootup as per the fstab and could not be accessed by applications in Gnome ie. my mount point showed no subdirectories or files.

I could manually mount (not by mount /mnt/win_c but by the full mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c) and I could explore using ls in terminals but programs in Gnome could not open the filesystem.

Upon rebooting into -mm2 everything was fine again.