[PM] Further suspend/resume problems on Acer TravelMate 800

From: Martin Loschwitz
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 09:26:33 EST

Hi folks,

this morning, I tried to get ACPI suspend-to-ram work on my Acer
TravelMate 800 notebook. I did not use plain 2.6.0-test5 for that
but 2.6.0-test5-bk6 with (hopefully) all PM updates from latest
-mm patch for 2.6.0-test5 as well as latest ACPI updates from the
ACPI4Linux website. I even integrated a clean DSDT table.

The problem is: If I do 'echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep', the notebook
suspends but after pressing a button, it does not wake up really:
The cooler starts, then stops after some seconds but the screen
stays black. However, while typing blind, I can login to the box
and even ctrl+alt+del can be used to reboot the machine.

I had a look at syslog, it does not tell something about problems.
The last line related to PM is "Restarting tasks ... done". SMP,
Preempt and APIC are all disabled. So, soembody can give a hint
(or a patch?;) that would get rid of this last little problem (
at least at from what I can see at the moment)?

Thanks in advance,

--
.''`. Martin Loschwitz Debian GNU/Linux developer
: :' : madkiss@xxxxxxxxxxx madkiss@xxxxxxxxxx