Re: 2.4.2[12] v VIA Rhine and VIA82x audio (working with a fight)

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 15:10:23 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
> > Except for playing CDs - which don't do anything - I suspect that might
> > be hardware, but am not sure.
>
> Check there is an analog cable fitted on the CD->Sound. Many new WinXP
> boxes are shipped with XP configured to digitally rip the CD data and no
> audio link cable. If so you need to pick a different CD player app or
> fit the cable.

Different hardware, possibly similar problem.

I'm using the cmipci driver for sound. On a 2.4.18 kernel, CD audio
is mixed fine from the analogue cable.

On a 2.5.75 kernel, I don't hear anything from the analogue input.
There is a CD audio mixer setting, but adjusting it doesn't produce any sound.

Therefore I have digitally rip CDs to play them on 2.5.75, but not on 2.4.18.

Cheers,
-- Jamie