Attributes returned by NFS Readdirplus not utilized?

From: Binny Gill
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 23:40:18 EST

Hello Trond,

I am working with the patch to make readdirplus work for NFSv3 client in linux 2.4.18

I noticed that the attributes returned are mostly thrown away as the fattr->timestamp
that they get during nfs_cached_lookup() is the mtime of the directory (which is normally way in
the past for directories that dont change that often). I was wondering why we cannot store the
time the readdirplus results were received in the cache and use that as the fattr->timestamp.

I would like to use '1 readdirplus' to serve a 'ls -la'. Currently it is more like
'1 readdirplus + getattrs for each child'. Am I missing something here?

Regards,
Binny