unknown symbols loading modules under 2.6.x

From: Kirk Reiser
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 11:09:01 EST

Hello Everyone: I have been trying to hunt down the answer to
aproblem I am having attempting to load my modules under the 2.6.x
kernels. They load just fine under the 2.4.x kernels. Have there
been changes which need to be made to get symbols found with modprobe
other than the EXPORT_SYMBOL() macro? The symbols show up in the
modules.symbols file created by depmod. They appear to reference the
correct loadable module. The loadable module these symbols are
exported in however is comprised of two separate .o files during
compile. I am not sure whether that has anything to do with it or
not.

If someone could give me an idea what to read to solve this I'd
appreciate it.

Kirk