RE: HT not working by default since 2.4.22

From: Brown, Len
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 12:29:20 EST

Marcelo,

If somebody has a 2.4.22 system where CONFIG_ACPI_HT_ONLY plus zero
cmdline parameters doesn't result in HT running and no ACPI running,
then please forward the details directly to me.

Thanks,
-Len

Ps. CONFIG_ACPI_HT_ONLY "CPU Enumeration Only" is under the CONFIG_ACPI
menu at the request of Red Hat, who wanted to be able to disable
anything to do with ACPI with a single option (CONFIG_ACPI). HT depends
on this part of ACPI b/c the logical HT processors are enumerated using
the ACPI MADT LAPIC entries.