Supported SATA RAID controllers

From: Måns Rullgård
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 12:37:02 EST

I'm looking for some SATA RAID controller supported by Linux. I want
a real hardware RAID, not just a label. So far, I've seen 3ware and
Adaptec have some boards that seem to be supported.

Now the question is, will any of these work in a non-intel machine?
If I configure the array on a PC, will it still be accessible on an
Alpha machine?

What about status monitoring? Do those cards support standard things,
like SMART?

I happen to have an Alpha machine with 64-bit PCI, so it would make a
nice file server with one of those cards.

I've tried mailing 3ware, but they don't seem to reply.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@xxxxxxxxxxxx