Re: Horiffic SPAM

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 13:37:58 EST

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 02:11:59PM -0400, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I took root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx off the linux-kernel list
> for a few days so I can trap the spammers and write their
> addresses to `ipchains`. I have been getting approximately
> 12,000 email messages per day on that system, making it
> impossible to use. It's all about the servers spreading
> the M$ email virus with the phony message to update to the

the baesyan algorithm learnt about them pretty quickly, so they don't
hurt me anymore (besides some wasted bandwidth).

I doubt answerning those messages will do any good besides generating
more traffic, but I don't know the detail of the virus so I could be
wrong.

Andrea - If you prefer relying on open source software, check these links:
rsync.kernel.org::pub/scm/linux/kernel/bkcvs/linux-2.[45]/
http://www.cobite.com/cvsps/
svn://svn.kernel.org/linux-2.[46]/trunk