Re: log-buf-len dynamic

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 23:03:55 EST

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 05:46:12AM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 08:16:02PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> > Yeah. I'm using the Linux VM. And it _still_ isn't up to what I managed
> > to accomplish in SunOS. Wake up, dude. You aren't the first one to
>
> if this would be really true, then why do you use linux then? I don't
> understand. I've to exclude the reason is that it's free and open.

Because I have huge respect for Linus' leadership. I've met a lot
of talented people in my life, people who were good engineers, good
architects, and good managers. Linus is _all_ of those and that, in my
opinion, is unique. BitKeeper exists because I believe that Linus is
unique and BK is my way of helping him be productive and continue to be
the leader of the Linux effort.

I don't know if you get it, you could go a lifetime and not meet
someone like Linus. Don't get me wrong, we've had screaming matches,
I remember one where I was yelling "I just want you to work for me so I
can fire your sorry ass", it's not like I worship the ground he walks
on or anything. But I do respect, deeply respect, what he has done.
I've demonstrated here that I don't have what it takes to do his job.
You have too. So have others. If we really care about the good of the
world then we help in the way that helps the most. That's what I'm doing.
--
---