Re: Horiffic SPAM

From: David Lang
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 12:27:18 EST

correct, but the origional poster attempted to solve the problem at the
network layer, not at the SMTP layer, also while some of the virus engines
will not retry in the face of 400 series errors, if you have a backup MX
configured that accepts it and relays it to you that machine will retry.

my point (and I think part of yours as well) is that you need to block
this at the application layer, not the network layer

David Lang