Re: Oops in vanilla 2.4.22 serial-usb driver

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 13:53:59 EST

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 09:17:00PM -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:
> This happened at the end of a Palm sync.
> The machine went on, but USB is not irresponsive to USB attach/detach
> since khubd is dead. The USB low-level driver is UHCI_ALT, compiled
> in-kernel.

This should be fixed in the 2.4.23-pre tree now. If you want, you can
try applying the patch at:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/usb/2.4/usb-serial-02-2.4.23-pre3.patch
if you don't want the whole -pre tree.

> BTW, is there any way to restart khubd without rebooting?

Nope, sorry.

Let me know if this doesn't solve the problem for you.

thanks,

greg k-h