Ejecting a CardBus device

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 21:03:24 EST

Hi All!

How can I tell the CardBus subsystem to eject my CardBus NIC by software
with 2.6.0 kernels? In 2.4 I could use "cardctl eject", but I don't know
how to do the same on 2.6.0-test5-mm4.

I need to eject my CardBus NIC if I want to be able to suspend the
machine using APM. Resuming from APM when the "yenta_socket" and
"pcmcia_core" modules are loaded causes a deadlock in the kernel during
resume, and the machine never comes back completely. Thus, before
suspending, I need to rmmod "pcmcia_core" and "yenta_socket" (well, and
uhci-hcd and the sound modules).

Currently, I need to manually eject the card by pushing the eject button
on the side of the laptop if I want to to rmmod "pcmcia_core" (not doing
so, causes pcmcia_core to complain that it's busy). So, I wonder if
there's a way to tell pcmcia_core to "eject" the CardBus NIC (without
physically ejecting the card from the socket) in order to being able to
rmmod it before trying to suspend.

Thanks!

Felipe Alfaro Solana