Re: Kernel panic:Unable to mount root fs (2.6.0-test5)

From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 10:50:11 EST

I will be hapy if I can help in any kind, so, at this time, i'm going back to
2.4.22. (Need I to poste my .config here ?)

Please do so. Specifically, post the part of your .config which shows how your
filesystems are configured. It looks to me like you may have accidentally compiled
ext3 as a module; if your / filesystem is ext3, it must be compiled into the kernel
in order for the kernel to mount your root filesystem and run /sbin/init.

Brad Chapman

Permanent e-mail: kakadu_croc@xxxxxxxxx

I htink I have activated all that's possible in my Kernel :

#
# File systems
#
CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_JBD=y
# CONFIG_JBD_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_FS_MBCACHE=y
# CONFIG_REISERFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_JFS_FS is not set
CONFIG_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
# CONFIG_XFS_FS is not set
CONFIG_MINIX_FS=m
# CONFIG_ROMFS_FS is not set
CONFIG_QUOTA=y
# CONFIG_QFMT_V1 is not set
# CONFIG_QFMT_V2 is not set
CONFIG_QUOTACTL=y
CONFIG_AUTOFS_FS=y
CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=y

If you have any suggestion, I can try immediatly an send you feedback fastly.

Thanks,

JMS.