Multimode IDE in Linux ...

From: Herbert Poetzl
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 13:13:04 EST

Hi All!

maybe somebody can explain the following:

using the QEMU emulator, I discovered (by looking at
error messages ;) that the 2.6.0-test6 (and probably
earlier kernels too) issue a SETMULTI (multimode)
command regardless of the CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE
setting. this isn't the case in 2.4.23-pre5 ...

I had a look at the command issued, and found that
it tries to set 256 sectors multimode, so I assume
this is some multimode magic, I do not understand.

TIA,
Herbert