Does AGP 8X work in 2.4.x yet?

From: Dennis Grant
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 09:28:39 EST

Sorry for butting in, but I've been trying to find the answer to this question
through other means without much success.

I have an Asus A7V8X motherboard (VIA Athlon chipset, 333Mhz FSB) with an AGP
8X slot on it.

I'm currently running an NVidia GeForce MX400 PCI video card, using the NVidia
binary drivers, and everything works fine. Kernel version 2.4.20.

I'm considering picking up an NVidia GeForce 5200 AGP 8X card, but I had heard
through the grapevine that 2.4.x did not support AGP 8X cards yet - waiting
on a backport from 2.5?

Perhaps I'm mistaken. Anyway, does 2.4.x work with AGP 8X?

DG