Re: Simple Procfs question: Triggering an "action" when opening adirectory instead of a file (with seqfile.h)???

From: Jean-Guillaume
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 13:39:20 EST

viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 01:40:03PM -0400, Jean-Guillaume wrote:

Hello everybody :)

I need some help on this one, I couldn't find anything on google or in the archives of the mailing list. Here it goes:

I want to trigger an action when "opening" a directory of the procfs. This is easy for files, but how is it done for directories...???

With a separate filesystem. Don't do that on procfs, it's messy enough as
it is.

lol, ok then :)

I have indeed noticed some funny things with the procfs. Like, doing a "ls" on my tipc dir said the directory was empty, but I could do a "vi /proc/tipc/file" and see the content of file. Invisible file? :)