Re: 2.6.0-test[56] pcnet32 problems

From: Danny ter Haar
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 01:41:30 EST

Barry K. Nathan <barryn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>If going back to an older kernel gets rid of this problem, perhaps it
>could be an IRQ routing problem or something like that.

I will try first a monolithic kernel
If that doesn't work i'll change it for a 2.4.23-preXX

>That's just a
>guess, however. (If it doesn't, I would suspect hardware failure, perhaps
>your motherboard; motherboard failures are the only time I've seen this
>message happen with pcnet32 cards.)

Last weekend i exchanged my old (but stable) pentium 75Mhz to the
cyrix setup which happens to be a prototype of a siemens settop box.
(ir keyboard, tv-out and DVB card).
It could be faulty motherboard but it doesn't happen if transfer huge
amounts of data over the other two ethernet cards.

Thank for your answer(s)

Danny
--
/"\ | Dying is to be avoided because
\ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN | it can ruin your whole career