Re: div64.h:do_div() bug

From: Rogier Wolff
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 04:53:25 EST

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 03:25:19PM +0200, Artur Klauser wrote:
> I've found that a bug in asm-arm/div64.h:do_div() is preventing correct
> conversion of timestamps in smbfs (and probably ntfs as well) from NT to

Nope.

> if (in.n64 != out.n64) {
> printf("FAILURE: asm/div64.h:do_div() is broken for 64-bit dividends\n");

do_div should be/is documented as not doing 64 bit dividents. It does
64/32 -> 32 divides, IIRC...

Roger.

(This EMail has a Unique reply address, so that I can count the number
of times that SWEN bites... :-)

--
** R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**** "Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!" ****