Re: Can't X be elemenated?

From: David Lang
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 15:26:59 EST

different toolkits exist becouse people are solving different problems.
which set of people do you propose telling that their desires don't
matter?

you can produce X programs just useing the Xlib libraries, which are
available on every system and don't require all the bloat of the higher
leve tools, but do you really want to? the higher level toolkits exist to
make life easier for the programmer, is the difficulty in selecting which
toolkit to use really so bad that you want to eliminate all of them
instead?

this is like sayign that it's to hard to choose a fullscreed text editor,
you have vi, elvis, vim, emacs, openoffice, abiword, joe, ... choosign
between them it to complicated so lets eliminate all of them and everyone
will jsut use ed instead.

David Lang