Re: Complaint: Wacom driver in 2.6

From: Simon Ask Ulsnes
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 16:01:43 EST

Exactly. Of course I never have both the IMPS/2 protocol driver and the Wacom
driver enabled at the same time in XF86Config. The only difference between
working and non-working is the kernel version. (i.e. it works perfectly with
2.4 and not at all with 2.6).

One funny thing: I haven't got the mousedev module loaded at all, only evdev,
hid and wacom.

You are right about the micro-bug about having to lift the mouse off the
tablet for the wacom driver under 2.4 to be activated. That is standard
behaviour, and has no effect with 2.6.

The reason I am not satisfied with things the way they are is that it feels
like somehow the dimensions on the tablet don't fit with the screen. E.g., my
mouse or pen might hit an edge on the tablet being several centimeters from
the edge of the screen. And mouse (not pen) movement is absolute, it should
be relative, which is a pain in a certain place.

The link you provided is outdated, the newest project is on
linuxwacom.sourceforge.net. It seems strangely stalled, though.

Sincerely yours,
Simon Ask Ulsnes